When it comes to deploying a python script on the web, Google App Engine is one approach. It took me a while to work out how to get started on this, but here is the way forward if you already have a domain site registered with Google Apps. Until I did this, I repeatedly got an “Unauthorized” message when I went to the AppEngine page.
- log in as the admin for your site, e.g. at mail.yourdomainname.com
- go to the control panel, www.google.com/a/yourdomainname.com
- choose Organizations and Users, and the Services tab within that
- turn Google App Engine on, and save changes
- go to www.appengine.com/a/yourdomainname.com